Thursday, April 6, 2017

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

April 6, 2017
I have a complete change in plans for my double page spread. The fact that I was so focused on my idea for the multiple things regarding beauty, hair, skin, and makeup got way too out of hand and nothing really blended together. I was thinking about what I should write about in the copy on the page, and I couldn't think of anything that would tie the makeup, skin, and hair together. Instead of taking that route, I researched more inspiration on google images this time. Here is my new inspiration:

So, after I came up with this idea, I decided to run with it and start right away since I’m very behind. I went to my friends house after school. She has tons of skin care products, so I laid them out on her white desk that is right next to the window. Fortunately, she was there to help me because arranging the products was really difficult since I wanted to make sure that there was enough room around each product to write the price, name, and place to buy it. I also needed to have enough space for the article in the middle. 
The lighting was hard to master, but we ended up getting it under control after we made a makeshift reflector. My friend had this super shiny, thick paper that she held up by the window and it really worked. The sun wasn't as strong and it created a shadow for each product. It was a miracle. We ended up taking like 30. Here are a few:


I also wanted to have a picture of my friend with super clean and fresh look for the entire first page of the double page spread. This is similar to my inspiration, but I’m making it my own by having her fill the page. Since the aesthetic of my magazine is very white and crisp, this photo really fit the qualifications. Here are a few that we took.

I edited my favorite one on PicMonkey by brightening it and adding the shadow element. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. 
I’m probably going to add shadows through photoshop on each product to give the page more depth. I’ll include a photo of that later. 
Thanks for coming on this journey with me and seeing everything that I have accomplished. I’m so glad that I was given this amazing opportunity through this class. I loved this project so, so much!!

-Sami <3


Some Citations:
"PicMonkey's Photo Editor | Free Online Image Editing." PicMonkey. N.p., 15 June 2016. Web. 06 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment