Friday, March 31, 2017

COVER IS DONEEEEE

March 31, 2017

     Welcome back! Guess what? The cover is officially complete and looking amazing (even though I’m a little bias). Here’s a photo:

     So, here are a few things I focused on while making this cover just to make sure that I adjust everything to please my audience. 
     Fonts: I decide to go with very contrasting fonts. Since that is currently a trend with some fashion/lifestyle magazines, I decided to implement that element into my cover. I used five different fonts that all complement each other when placed together since they are bold, italicized, thin, cursive, and just plain normal. I choose to bold certain words that my audience would see standout and want to read more about such as “skin, bod, spill, flawless, etc.” The bolding was done is two different ways. The first was with the font “Gobold” and the just a bold, thick, straight slim font.           Since I need to change up the look since this cover cannot be plain, I also used “Gobold Italic” to complement the original, but bring up the looking make it classy. 
     Also, just like the table of contents, every single word has a drop shadow on it to stand out since it is in a while color against a white and bright photo that will be filled in soon. 
     My masthead is in the font “Fine Style” to keep it classy and sleek. I didn't want to include any other writing on the cover in that font since this magazine will be known for this font and appearance.
I changed up the font for the deadline to give it some contrast with a cursive look.  
My selling line is pretty original and really sums up the entire concept and meaning on my magazine.      Since I want all woman who read this to know how beautiful they are inside and out and the power they have, I choose the phrase “Love the woman you are. Exceed expectations.” 
      All of my cover lines include articles and sections from each of my parts of my magazine that my reader would enjoy reading since it relates to all different things that the readers would be into. 
      As far as my main cover line, I went with words that would inspire my readers and catch the attention of them. I specifically used the word “paradise” since the majority of people have their own paradise and would want to read about living in the paradise they have always want to have. 
     I also created a barcode using a website that was free and super easy. I choose numbers that are meaningful to me since it doesn't have to be a real barcode. 

Make sure to read all the cover lines and descriptions! Hopefully you enjoy it.

-Sami <3

Some Citations:

"Free Online Barcode Generator: Create Barcodes for Free!" Barcode Software RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment