Thursday, March 16, 2017

PLAN YO LIFE

March 16, 2017


     This is the week that I am going to take the photos for my magazine! This is going to take a lot of planning since I only want to take photos for each section once a day. I don't want take multiple days for each section, so I need to fully plan it out and write all my ideas down. 
So here’s the plan:
Saturday: Double page spread and cover
        -take photos of Cayla and Carly in the daytime, to achieve prime lighting. 
        * I researched about tricks to taking the best photos on an iPhone, since that’s the resource I have and found out that using a outdoor lighting can be the best option. I think I’m going to set up my room into a “photoshoot area.” Since my room is white and I want to achieve that crisp, white, and clean look, I think this location will work very well. I have a window right next to a white wall so I’ll make sure to choose the best time, probably around noon, when the sun is fully out. I will also need a reflector. As I read, these are beneficial to “enhance your photographs by simply bouncing natural light.” Hopefully I can borrow that from someone!
       -the photos of Cayla and Carly will include a photo of them:
      -sitting side by side with messy wavy hair and light, natural makeup, straight faces and laughing; two person shot, mid shot
       -individual photos of Carly and Cayla laughing; touching their hair, natural makeup, looking at each other 
      -individual photos of Carly and Cayla straight face; touching their hair, natural makeup, looking at each other 
       -close up photos of makeup for the second half of the double page spread:
       -I want to include texture onto my double page spread. I have a fur rug, so I want to use that as a background to achieve texture within the page. That usually guides the eyes of beauty gurus.
        -hoola bronzer, highlighter palettes, brushes
       -lipstick swatches on arm
       -lipstick kiss mark on white paper (I plan on photoshopping it, cutting it out, and placing it near the make up section of the page)
Here are some inspiration photos that I may use for my photoshoot.



Sunday: edit photos and start getting ideas of the layout process

Overall, I just really want to accomplish parts of my project on different days so I don’t cram it all in at the end. With this mindset I have with this project and the passion I have for fashion/lifestyle magazines, I know I will create a very well thought out and trendy magazine!

-Sami <3

Some Citations:
* Bosley, John, and About John BosleyJohn Bosley Is a Wedding and Portrait Photographer in San Francisco Who Loves Creating Authentic, Emotional Images with His Clients. He Has a Soft Spot for Functional Antiques. You Might See Him Writing with a Fountain Pen from His Collec. "How to Use a Reflector." Photography Life. N.p., 11 June 2015. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.


* Elise, Lola, and About Lola EliseLola Elise Is a Professional Wedding and Portrait Photographer Based out of Denver, Colorado. She Is the Co-author of Photography Life and Author of the Lola Elise Website. Read More about Lola Here. "How to Plan a Photo Shoot." Photography Life. N.p., 01 Mar. 2017. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment