Friday, March 17, 2017

WHAT'S NEXT?

March 17, 2017



Oh my gosh!! Tomorrow is the photoshoot! I’m so excited since all of it is planned out and I’m able to actually have a physical part of my project done! I’m constantly thinking about this magazine and I’m really excited to make the table of contents, so I was thinking about starting earlier than I had anticipated because why not?
Aesthetically, I want my table of contents to be very sleek and represent a true fashion/lifestyle magazine by either using a double page spread or just the left or right side, opposite to a picture. For my magazine, I’m going to use a double page spread, half photo, half table of contents.
For the photo, I want to include a picture of Cayla or Carly, the models of my magazine, probably laughing or doing something more candid. I want the page to have a white background to achieve that sleek fashion look, along with the photo being very colorful, just simple. 
Since one of the most trendy fashion items right now are fashion glasses, I want my model wearing those, while showcasing her outfit. She will probably wear an off the shoulder top and look very mysterious. Or will that be my cover… OK I HAVE AN IDEA!!!
I’m going to use a similar photo with a different pose for the cover and the table of contents to give it a more clean and uniform-se look.
As far as fonts go, specifically for the table of contents, I want something very thin and tall; however, I want to have a contrasting font to make really cute and appealing headlines for each of the important articles. I went to dafont.com and found a few that stuck out to me.
*Champagne & Limousines
*Leon
I also need to think about the content that is going to be into the “table of contents.” I’m going to have different categories, as I had mentioned in previous blog posts to represent the full extent of fashion/lifestyle and allow my reader to have everything she/he would ever want to read (regarding fashion/lifestyle) right in that magazine. In addition to the categories, I also want to come up with a cute title of them so it isn't just the boring, typical “fashion”. The following categories will be used in my table of contents followed by their cuter name:
*Health - Health is Wealth
*Fashion - Style 
*Make Up - Beauty
*Everyday Life - Life 
*Loving Who You Are - Self Love
*Celebrity News - Gossip 
I also mentioned in a previous blog how I wanted to add in two categories that I particularly never have seen in fashion/lifestyle magazines… “Self Love” and “Gossip.” Specifically for the message my magazine is trying to promote about loving yourself and empowering who you are, living to your full potential, really fits those categories. 
Each category will have 3-4 articles listed underneath. As I have read about magazines, some include a quick synopsis of the article under each title, however, others just give the title followed by the page number. For mine, I wanted to keep that tradition alive, but add a twist. Instead of writing the article synopsis, I’m wrote a synopsis of the category which basically sums of the content in that portion of the magazine. Here are a few examples of what I came up with:
*Self Love: Live everyday like it’s the last and empower who you are
*Health is Wealth: Satisfy cravings while living the ideal lifestyle
*Beauty: Have fun with make up, you are beautiful
*Life: Have fun with life; it isn't always serious
*Gossip: Let’s take tabloids to the next level
*Style: Dress the trend and love how you look
I’m beyond excited for this table of contents!!! I’ll keep you updated with the progress on the page layout!

-Sami <3

Some Citations:
*Nikola. "Structure of the Magazine." Magazine Designing. N.p., 14 Oct. 2013. Web. 17 Mar. 2017.

*"Basic Sans Serif Fonts." Basic Sans Serif Fonts. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2017.


*Friedman, Vitaly. "Table of Contents: Creative Examples – Smashing Magazine." Smashing Magazine. N.p., 15 Mar. 2017. Web. 17 Mar. 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment