Tuesday, March 14, 2017

NAMES UPON NAMES

March 14, 2017

Figuring out a title for my magazine is definitely one of the most difficult tasks within this project. My ultimate goal for a title is something very sophisticated, sleek, short, and simple. With something alone those lines, my magazine would come across not only unique, but very interesting. Many fashion magazines use one word titles, so I was thinking of going the same route; however, when I researched about strategies of naming a magazine and the different aspects that make a name of a magazine intriguing, I found this:
*Puns are really good since they make the reader laugh and think
*Alliteration 
*Baby names are a good name
*Thesaurus words related to the genre of your magazine
After reading all about that, I came up with a few ideas:
Rosie: This comes from the word “rose” which, as a we all know, is such a delicate flower. The meaning behind my magazine is all about loving yourself and giving yourself everything it needs to stay happy and healthy. Since the “rose” is the flower of love and affection, I want my readers to be reminded how much love and compassion is put into this magazine, which will rub off on them. Also, the symbolism behind the word “rosie” relates to the color pink. Pink is very symbolic of unconditional love, which is exactly what they should be giving themselves. I really want the readers of my magazine to know the power they each have and the love they can and should fill themselves with. 
Zeal: This is a synonym for love and it means to have passion for something. As I mentioned before, the whole reason meaning behind the magazine is to remind and promote self love through women. The word “Zeal” is not only unique, but it also covers the exact message I want in a title.

I’m really not sure what I want to choose, but I’m really leaning more towards “Rosie” since, in my opinion, the message behind it stronger and the way it sounds is sweeter.
The final title will be revealed in the next few blogs!!! Stay tuned!

-Sami <3
Some Citations:
*"What's in a Name? How to Make Your Magazine Title Stand Out." Flipboard. N.p., 22 Sept. 2015. Web. 14 Mar. 2017.
*"Rosie: Meaning of Name Rosie at BabyNames.com." BabyNames.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2017.
*"The Color Pink." Empowered By Color. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2017.

*"Zeal." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment