Wednesday, March 29, 2017

SO MUCH PROGRESS

March 29, 2017

The amount of progress that I have gotten done is insane. I finished my table of contents and my cover! The only thing I have to do for them is add in the correct photos, which is so exciting because this means I’m on track to finishing on time. Here’s some photos of what I have so far:



Referring to the table of contents, I ended up sticking to the boxy layout, still keeping it sleek looking since my original idea totally failed and looked pretty bad in hindsight. I kept playing with the layout until I figured out exactly how I wanted it: I needed one picture to be in between both pages or at least connect from one page to the next to allow for a connective look of the pages, which would bring the readers eyes from the left page to the right page smoothly. Th last thing I wanted was for the pages to look too separated and not cohesive. I also hate reading fashion/lifestyle magazines that don’t seem attached or relate to each other. Also, I decided to not have a list of article names that will be featured in each section. That took up way too much room and looked way over crowded since my main focus was on the photos and small titles. I did include a small phrase relating to the topic in that section.

Fonts are the best part!!

I am in love with the cursive in contrast to the Times New Roman look. It is truly a mix of classy and sleek, and that combination is really the key for my magazine since that is exactly what my audience is into. I also used a splash of color in the title just to represent the summer vibe with color. However, all my photos are very white and bright to avoid the overcrowded look. There are quite a few photos and I don’t want my readers to feel overwhelmed. 

These are font’s I chose:
Fine Style
Shorelines Script Bold
PT Serif
Champagne and Limous


On top of each photo, I have the page that it is one written as “page 2.” I actually added a drop shadow to each one to allow it to stand out against the white-ish and bright color the photo would be admitting. Also, since each “page 2” is in white, that shadow was crucial for reading it. 

I’m going to do an in-depth “cover” blogpost next since that is going to involve a lot of explaining.

Oh, and the photo shoot actually happened a few hours ago… that means another blogpost coming soon with the details of the fun and productive experience.

-Sami <3

Some Citations:
"New & Fresh Fonts." 1001 Fonts · Free Fonts Baby! N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2017.

Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment