Friday, March 24, 2017

MORE TIME NEEDED

March 24, 2017

     Welcome back to my blog!! I’m still diligently working on my table of contents. I feel like this is taking way longer than I intended, but it’s true that the best work comes from working long and hard.      I’m currently laying out this page. I’m keeping it very clean and white with touches of pink and a crisp font. Here’s a photo of what I have so far:

The only thing is, I want to add texture to my table of contents. I don’t want it to look bring and bland, I need something that can lay partly underneath some of the words and a portion of the photo that is going on the other side. Also, I’m going to cut my photo on a slant to add to the page and make this set of pages more on the graphic and edited side. My intentions to make my table of contents stand out as compared to other magazines in vey important to me. I do not want mine to resemble any other magazine. I want it to be unique and with this addition, I think I will accomplish this. I haven't seen any other fashion/lifestyle magazine that mimicked this style. 
Editing the photo that goes on this page is also extremely important. I need to make sure that it is very bright and whitely based. I researched ways to edit photos and add shadows to enhance the subject of the photo and I am able to watch a video of how to do that. Since I have access to Photoshop in my Yearbook class, I am at an advantage as I can use that software to complete my editing. While I'm at home, I'll have to use PicMonkey, since I don't have any other way to edit photos. This would allow me to brighten the photo, adjust the contrast, deepen the sharpness and other things to make this photo appropriate for the audience. I also want to make the opening pages of the magazine the most intriguing since this is the first impression they are given to my magazine and what to expect. I need to impress my readers and make them want to purchase it again!
     I’m cutting it short here since I want to continue to improve my table of contents, but I’ll keep an update of my progress as I continue going on! Have a great day.


-Sami <3

Some Citations:
* "Previewing Shadows and Reflections." Photoshop.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.
"PicMonkey's Photo Editor | Free Online Image Editing." PicMonkey. N.p., 15 June 2016. Web. 24 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment